Itemized Linked Expressions

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Itemized Linked Expressions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mary Mosley
    Participant

When a linked expression is in line with an item identifier in itemized material it does not require special formatting according to 9.23, last example on page 9-24.
    However, there is no example of correct formatting for that example or for the attached example of linked expression. What is the proper format for these examples? I.E.: is the distance separating the expression and identifier enough to make it "displayed", thus getting the special formatting, and if not, do we bring the links up as an embedded expression, or break them as they are in the text.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

The current (1972) Nemeth Code gives us no guidance regarding this layout, which is why the new lesson manual (your reference) does not suggest a format. I would transcribe your example by placing the anchor on the same line as the identifier, then beginning each link on a new line starting in cell 3 (assuming the identifier begins in cell 1). Your example would not have any runovers, but if the anchor or any link requires a runover, I would indent two cells further (cell 5, in this case).

Lindy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.