Left/Right hand, Chords, Vocal, with Accompaniment

Home Forums Music Braille Left/Right hand, Chords, Vocal, with Accompaniment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I was wondering if I should actually separate these sections, the Piano and Vocal? Is there a way to show these things together? If there are no words in a section the examples I have show that the chords go below the left-hand. If there are words, the chords go between the words and the music. Which way would be more efficient to the student? The piece below is an example of what I’m looking at.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Lennie,

This is a choral arrangement, not a vocal solo piece. You should braille each complete vocal part independently, showing only rests where there are no words for that part. Then the piano part is done separately, including a "solo outline" in the parallel above the right-hand line, showing only whichever voice part6 seems most prominent at that point. The chord symbols then go below the left-hand line of the piano part.

I'm sorry I didn't get your question the day you sent it; I was away from home.

Larry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.