lines at beginning of poem

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook lines at beginning of poem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rsherwood12
    Participant

Hi Cindi,

According to BF2016:

• 13.3.1 b. A line of poetry may not be divided between braille pages.
    • 13.4.2 Stanza Division. When a page break would occur following the first line of a stanza, take the entire stanza to the next braille page.

In other words, keep the first two complete lines of a stanza together on a page, moving them both to the next page if necessary. However, I don't see anything about the beginning of a poem, or the beginning of displayed lines of poetry. Does the same 2-poetic-line rule apply at the beginning of a poem or displayed poetic lines? Or do I just need to make sure that the first line is not divided between pages? Attached is a sample of displayed poetry.

Thanks!
    Rebecca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Technically, the same rule applies.  In practicality, if only the first two lines of a poem would fit on the first page, I might move the whole thing to the next page just for ease of reading...especially if I could then get the whole poem on one page.

And yes, the same rules would apply for displayed material.  The only difference for displayed material is the cell in which the poem lines begin and runover (the margins).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindi

claurent

Technically, the same rule applies.  In practicality, if only the first two lines of a poem would fit on the first page, I might move the whole thing to the next page just for ease of reading...especially if I could then get the whole poem on one page.

And yes, the same rules would apply for displayed material.  The only difference for displayed material is the cell in which the poem lines begin and runover (the margins).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindi

rsherwood12
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Cindi!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rebecca

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.