List starts on line 25, but one complete item follows a heading…

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook List starts on line 25, but one complete item follows a heading…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christine Mulse
    Participant

Hi, I apologize if this has been answered, but due to the heading in this one I thought I'd ask.

I'm proofing this, and I feel that this is a list starting on line 25, and can't happen. I suggested moving it to the next page, as a list can't start on line 25 (Rule 8.3.5c). The argument I'm getting, is that Rule 8.3.5d. Says a heading must be followed by at least one complete list item, which this is. I said I felt that 8.3.5d would be meant for a situation where the heading was, say, on line 20, and and there isn't room for a complete item before the page break...I see her point, technically in this example the heading is followed by one full listed item, but it is still a list starting on line 25 (my ultimate argument was to move it down to keep the list together, but I would like clarification on my first argument if possible lol).

Thank you!

C. Muise

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

I completely agree with your reasoning.  This is a list and the list cannot start on line 25.  The heading is part of it - but not part of the list itself.  8.3.5d IS, in fact, referring to when you have list items that take up more than one braille line.

Cindi

Christine Mulse
    Participant

Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.