Long Flow Chart

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Long Flow Chart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Please consider the attached figure from a textbook we are transcribing. It shows an extensive flow chart which the transcriber is preparing to create as a tactile graphic. He wants advice on how to divide the chart and whether the text should be keyed on a separate key page. The image quality is poor so words are not easy to read, but I have included a few of the most important phrases to help us orient information about the graphic.
    We appreciate your feedback on this task.

Marie Amerson

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dspence

Hi Marie, sorry for the delayed response. In the absence of an answer did you work something out for this flow chart?

I would divide the flow chart as indicated with the red lines I've added in the diagram.

My first suggestion would be to key all the boxes with numbers and list the information on a facing page or pages before the flowchart.

I would also include a TN that says #__ through #__ are Elected Officials. #__ through #__ are Appointed Officials.

If you're having trouble getting all the boxes to fit across the braille page, stagger them so that some are higher than the others to allow you to make each row fit across the braille page.

Hope this helps...Diane
    edited by dspence on 11/18/2011

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.