Marking Transitions in Vocal Music

Home Forums Music Braille Marking Transitions in Vocal Music

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Dietrich
    Participant

Hello Kathleen:

As a follow-up to my previous question, at M25, where the duet section begins, do I need to put identifiers in the vocal line (du.) and music line (wordsign-du. or wordsign-duet), or is the change in music heading (where the duet section is identified) adequate to signal a change in the vocals?

Also, where the choir enters in M32, do I need to do similar identifiers in the vocal and music lines, because in this case, the vocals are different?

Thank you for your help,

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Hi Robert,

If you are Brailling two vocal lines, or the voices change in any way, you need to identify them, as you've done here. I say better air on the side of being perfectly clear with which part is singing what than hoping the reader will understand.

Quick note about the music heading - use the dropped G parentheses instead of the UEB parentheses. (Section 1.3)

Also, you do not need to enclose the text in word-sign indicators when you're treating it as a music heading. If you're putting "a bit quicker" in the music line, you'll need the indicators, but not when it's centered as a heading. Add a period after it, even though none appears in print, if you keep it as a centered heading.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.