matrices and determinants

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science matrices and determinants

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am brailling third-order determinants (of a 3 x 3 Matrice). The top (horizontal) row and the middle (vertical) row have a cancellation line through them. The numbers are not individually cancelled. I want to make sure that by placing the opening cancellation indicator before the first number/letter in the row and the closing cancellation indicator after the last number/letter in that row, that the spaces between the numbers/letters will not cancel the cancellation indicators. Also, do I use individual cancellation indicators on the vertical row of numbers/letters in the matrice that has been cancelled? I sure hope this all makes sense to you, and thank you so much for helping me!

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I tried brailling the cancelled column and row in the matrix as you suggested. I'm not sure that clearly represents what is shown. The cancelled top horizontal row would have inside it another cancellation indicator for the first item in the cancelled column. Would it be clearer to insert a tn stating that the top row and middle column are cancelled in print? or that there is a line drawn through the column and row?

As far as using cancellation symbols in the horizontal row, I don't believe the spaces would end the effect of the indicator.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.