matrix and diagonal rule

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science matrix and diagonal rule

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bama Braille
    Participant

What is the best way to transcribe the matrices in Third-Order Determinant box and Example #b.
    I've considered tooling a circle around the affected parts or using parentheses inside the matrix to set the lined out numbers and letters apart. Neither way seems very good to me, I'm sure you have a better suggestion, thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

I meant to say cancellation, not parens. so to restate my question, is it ok to use cancellation within a matrix or should I tool, thank you!

betty.marshall
    Participant

I'm getting some advice on this from some other committee members.
    Betty

Bama Braille
    Participant

Hi. One committee member suggested using a bold typeform indicator for the numbers with the diagonal lines. This would require a tn explaining the way the diagonal lines are represented. Speaking for myself, I would tool a diagonal line that did not obscure the numbers because even with a tn, I think it would be difficult to recognize that the numbers should be read on the diagonal instead of just as a series of bold numbers in the matrix. Either way would require a tn.

Bama Braille
    Participant

I'll tool with a tn, Thanks, Dorothy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.