Matrix with column headings

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Matrix with column headings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bama Braille
    Participant

In the matrix that is circled in the middle of the page, the column heading NorthClean under Second Load is longer than both of the column entries. Should I still move the closing enlarged brackets so they are outside column? Also, I assume there should be no dot 5s for empty spaces between columns in this type of matrix?
    edited by Bama Braille on 8/26/2015

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Thank you for the question.

I would suggest that you follow the Nemeth rules for matrices and keep the closing enlarged grouping signs unspaced from at least one entry in the right-most column. Then the column separation line under "NorthClean" will extend beyond the matrix.

As for dot 5s between columns, since the Nemeth rules for a matrix do not include them, I would say you should not include them.

So, I would not move the closing enlarged brackets so they are outside the column. And I would not use guide dots between the columns of your matrix. My thinking here is that it's best to follow the Nemeth rules inside the matrix and apply the table rules outside the matrix as far as is necessary.

Please do let me know if you have further questions.

–Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.