Missing Geometry symbol (Line AB)

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical Missing Geometry symbol (Line AB)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant
    In geometry, there is a print symbol that is read as "line". It is a left-and-right-pointing arrow over a letter or letters. (I am including a picture for reference.) I cannot find an existing UEB symbol for this print symbol. Should I just "build" it, using the arrow rules and the vertical juxtaposition indicator? Or is there a better way to do this?
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Heather,

You're right that UEB does not include the "bidirectional arrow over" (which can denote a line) in the list of "common modifiers" (GTM 12).

So, the following would be appropriate transcriptions for your two print examples ("bidirectional arrow over BC" and "bidirectional arrow over CB"). I did "build" these using the directly above indicator (GTM 7).

;;<,,bc>.9\wro

The braille grouping indicators make the bidirectional arrow apply to both the B and C instead of just the C.

A grade 1 word indicator precedes the symbols-sequence, because otherwise it would mean "ghBCAR" and so on.

;;<,,cb>.9\wro

For our convenience, I've used a grade 1 word indicator for each of the examples above. In your full transcription, grade 1 mode would need to be applied in a way that works best in each situation.

–Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.