Moving Text

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Moving Text

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tonya Heuer
    Participant

I am currently working on a project where a figure is mentioned in the first paragraph. Over the next several print pages, it continues to mention this same figure which is the standard format throughout this book. Once that topic of discussion is complete, the figures which consists of several descriptive paragraphs/pages are shown. I've reviewed BF 6.2.3 & 6.2.4 and feel that it is best to follow print and leave the figure in the same place as in print, after the conclusion of the topic. However, I'm being told that it should be placed after the first paragraph where it is mentioned. Can you please give me some clarification as how to proceed?

claurent

It seems to me you have two options:

1. Leave it where it is in print and then put a brief embedded TN after each time it is mentioned before you actually get to it - something like "Figure 1.1 TN on page a35 TN" OR
    2. Move it to where it is first mentioned in the text, reference it's location when needed and then put a TN on the print page where the figure actually appears - TN Figure is moved to page a27 TN.

If you move it you also need a TN stating that the figure is moved from page ... so in my opinion, the "cleaner" method is to leave it where it appears in print and just put in embedded TNs to let the reader know where to find the figures.

If the placement is very consistent and it can be explained on the TN page you could avoid all the embedded TNs by putting something on the TN page like "The figures mentioned in the text appear at the end of each section." Of course, to do it that way, they must ALWAYS be that way in print 🙂

Cindi

Tonya Heuer
    Participant

Thank you for such a quick response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.