Multiple contents pages

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Multiple contents pages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Martin Kuemerle
    Participant

I have a grade 8 Language Arts book with 6 units. Should the TOC be handled as suggested in B.F. 2.10.1 as a Brief TOC (page iii) then add the portion that pertains to volume (page xii). At the beginning of each unit is the TOC for the unit should I start a new volume at the start of each unit to accommodate the new TOC section or something else entirely?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Yes. The material on print page iii (The Units list) is a contents in brief. That should be in volume 1 in its entirety. Then you also would include the part of the full contents that actually occurs in volume ... likely not the whole first unit 🙂

The repeated contents should just occur in braille where they occur in print (BF 2.10.14). So say that Unit 1 ends on braille page 45 of braille volume 4. Start Unit 2 on a new braille page and begin with the contents as shown in print. I would say that you should then start the actual text of Unit 2 on a new braille page as well just to separate the different types of formatting as the contents entries will have line numbers and the text will not...but there isn't a rule about that 🙂

Cindi

Martin Kuemerle
    Participant

Sounds good thank you for your time!

Martin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.