multiple reference marks

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook multiple reference marks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SHELLEE KOTSCHWAR
    Participant

When all of the reference marks will fit on the same braille line as the word or phrase they go with should you keep all together or is it ok if the second reference number is on the following braille line?

Also, if there are too many references to keep on the same braille line should there be a continuation dot at the end of line 1 of references

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

Wow. That's a lot of references!

It would be best if the reference marks were on the same line as the word to which they apply.

In the 2nd example you sent, they will not all fit! I don't think I've ever seen that. There are spaces between the reference marks so I don't think the continuation indicator would apply...and if you did use it you might still need to explain it. In my opinion, a transcriber's note might be your best option here. You could place it after the references as it looks they follow the last word in the  paragraph and just say something like "The numbers following the last word of the previous paragraph are all reference marks".  If you are including the superscript position (you should!) then it helps that the numbers are all superscripts.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.