Music Theory Exam Question

Home Forums Music Braille Music Theory Exam Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Dietrich
    Participant

Hello Kathleen:

If on this music theory exam, I put a TN that says, "All intervals are read upward in both hands of the piano." I still need to use the Right hand intervals read upward sign for the two pieces at the beginning of print pages 6 and 7, correct? My alignment factors then become either the wordsign indicators preceding the letters a, b, c, d; or, the first musical signs in the measures, i.e. octave marks or accidentals, right?

You have been a great help, thank you,

Robert

Kathleen

Hi Robert,

You are correct on both counts. The usual right hand piano sign, by definition, indicates that intervals are to be read downward, so even if you include the TN at the front of the volume, it's wise to use the special right hand sign for situations where intervals must be read upward.

Your alignment factor will become the first musical signs in the measure (or the word sign indicators if they appear in both hands - I can't recall how the example you are describing looks at the moment). There may be blank spaces that look awkward after the LH sign, but that can't be avoided.

All the best,

Kathleen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.