Nemeth and UEB

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Nemeth and UEB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello,
    I have been asked to do part of a workbook in UEB and Nemeth. I am going to the conference in October where I am sure I will learn a lot, but the teacher will need some of the project done before that. So, if you look at the attached page as a sample from a worksheet, where would I make the choice to put the opening nemeth code indicator? Before problem 1 at the left hand margin on the same line? And then, I need to use the ending nemeth indicator following the box following the completion of problem 2? And then, I would just follow that pattern? I know this is still territory which has not been completely set in stone yet, so if you have any suggestions, I am happy for any advice you can give.
    edited by SBaker on 9/19/2014

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

Decisions like these must depend on the interpretation of what is math. The equations are definitely math. This looks like a workbook for a young reader (before 4th grade) so, much of what is on this page will be drawn. If you intend to consider the graphics (bread slices and dots) as part of the math, then put the opening indicator following "sentences." on the same line and the terminator following the omission boxes in problem 2. Then you would do the same thing after the next set of instructions. Putting the indicator at the end of the line of the instructions allows you to have the identifiers (1, 2, etc) at the margin.

I will end with your statement -- If you have any suggestions, I am happy for any advice you can give.

dworthing
    Participant

Thank you, Dorothy, for your help.
    Susan

Susan Baker
    Participant

To clarify, I intended to say that I would put the termination at the margin after the tactile boxes. If the math ends with print instead of graphics I would put it at the end of the text line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.