Nemeth Cert Lesson 4

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Nemeth Cert Lesson 4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am a little confused and was hoping for some advise. 😉
    Pg. 57 44 a. (1) - b. (1)-(4) and also pg 59 examples are all set in 1-1. Now I am sure I am missing something here, but I really want to understand and do my best with this. Why are they set in 1-1? I am sure I can't get help with the exercise itself, but it looks to me that I would set most of these this way?
    😉 I am so geared to younger grade math and having to set at 1-3 or 1-5 w/3-5, that I am confusing myself. ha ha
    Thank you all for putting up with my questions.

Tina

Lindy Walton

Hi Tina. You are not the first person to wonder about this layout in the lesson book--I am sure your question will be appreciated by many readers of this forum.

In "An Introduction to Braille Mathematics," the numbers in parentheses organize the EXAMPLES but are not to be seen as ITEM NUMBERS. You will never see those numbers in the simbraille. If the example is illustrating itemized material, you will see the item number or letter separate from the example number. Look at the first FORMAT example (1) in Lesson 1, page 8, Section 13, to see what I mean.

As you know, there is no 1/1 paragraph format in the Nemeth code, unless of course it is a continuation of a paragraph following an interruption of some kind. You can assume that -- unless formatting is under discussion -- the example sentences are taken out of context of any formatting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.