Nemeth code in measuring devices (barometers, protractors, rulers etc)

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Nemeth code in measuring devices (barometers, protractors, rulers etc)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julia Erickson
    Participant

When transcribing Nemeth within UEB are the tactile graphics  numbers for measuring devices transcribed  in UEB if there isn't text on the tactile graphic requiring Nemeth, or should tactile graphics number lines for measuring devices be transcribed in Nemeth for consistency ?

claurent

Number lines should be done in Nemeth.  I would take that to include rulers.  However, if you are talking about, say, the sides of a triangle that are measured 3, 7, 9, those could be done in UEB.  I guess I am not clear what you mean be "measuring devices".  If this has not answered your question, please provide a picture of the page in question.

Cindi Laurent (filling in for Lindy)

claurent

I thought I should post again.  I was reminded that on protractors, rulers and thermometers, the number sign is omitted (per Tactile Graphics Guidelines) so it really doesn't matter if they are done in UEB or Nemeth as they can easily be done in either code without changing what appears in braille. If you are in Nemeth already, you can stay in Nemeth. If you are in UEB, you could stay in UEB.  Obviously if any of the numbers are decimals, negative numbers, or degrees, they would have to be done in Nemeth. Sorry for the confusion!

Cindi

claurent

I thought I should post again.  I was reminded that on protractors, rulers and thermometers, the number sign is omitted (per Tactile Graphics Guidelines) so it really doesn't matter if they are done in UEB or Nemeth as they can easily be done in either code without changing what appears in braille. If you are in Nemeth already, you can stay in Nemeth. If you are in UEB, you could stay in UEB.  Obviously if any of the numbers are decimals, negative numbers, or degrees, they would have to be done in Nemeth. Sorry for the confusion!

Cindi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.