Nemeth Formats and Colors

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Nemeth Formats and Colors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    james.hendrix
    Spectator

<span style="font-size: medium;">Dear Expert, </span>

1. In Nemeth Code, directions are in 5-3. If there are multiple lines (see attached page 1), should they both be in 5-3 or should it be indented 2 cells to the right as in format (7-3)? Or, should they just be condensed to one line?

2. This book has 4 different colored rectangles, green, peach, blue, and purple. The green rectangle is found throughout the book, I have made that a solid rectangle. In the other three colored rectangles color has significance and should be kept. Since Nemeth Code does not address color, what would you suggest? (see attached page 2)

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by james.hendrix. Reason: Wrong Attachment
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Thank you for your question.

First, you're correct that Nemeth Code says to format instructions in 5-3. A second paragraph in instructions should be formatted in 5-3. I suppose you could choose to condense all of your instructions to one paragraph if you can do so consistently throughout the book.

There is no hard and fast rule for how to represent the colored rectangles in your example (thank you for the attachment). Perhaps you could use other shapes to represent the other colors of rectangles. If you do that, you must explain it in a key for the reader.

Please let me know if you have follow-up questions or concerns.

–Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.