New Place Value Strategies in boxes in Nemeth

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science New Place Value Strategies in boxes in Nemeth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    susierc
    Participant

The teacher wants this brailled in Nemeth in EBAE.  It is second grade.  How should I braille Question 2's 3 Steps?  Yes, I realize that Step 3 is incorrect--the 200 should be 300 and the 219 should be 319.

The problem will not fit across the page.  Since it is grade 2, should it be outlined with a spur wheel or braille dots?

Thanks,

Susie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Susie,

Thank you for your question; thank you especially for including the print example (mathematically incorrect though it may be).

There is no particular meaning to the fact that question 2's three steps are arranged horizontally across the page, so you do not need to retain that arrangement or describe the print for the braille reader.

I would suggest treating each step number as a heading and ignoring the print box lines entirely.

–Kyle

susierc
    Participant

Thank you for answering so quickly.  Your suggestion is much easier than what I was trying to do.  We have a lot of this kind of problem with the boxes across the pages with each box representing hundreds, tens, and ones.   The student is also told to use this method to do their work using the boxes on other problems.    I've had these problems in every math book or worksheets I've had to do for the last couple of years.  This is the first one that could not fit across the page.  I've been adding the boxes.  Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.