NIMAS File Conversion

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook NIMAS File Conversion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Erin Rainey
    Participant

I am now in a position where transcribing textbooks using NIMAS files will be a large part of my job.  My employer has provided both Duxbury and BrailleBlaster as transcription technology tools.  I am looking for resources that will show me the process I should use.  Once I know what the process looks like, I'll be good to go.  Right now I download a file and am overwhelmed at the amount of clean-up and formatting that is necessary.  I need someone who can tell me what I can expect (i.e., estimate of how long I can expect to spend on a text, which parts to do first, last, etc.).  Any suggestions or assistance would be MUCH appreciated.  Right now I feel like I've just been hired as a chef but I don't even know how to turn on the oven!  Thank you.

claurent

Not to pass the buck here - but would you please post this to the Computer-Assisted Transcription forum?  I don't use either Duxbury or BrailleBlaster and while I might be able to give you an answer, it might not be the best answer you could get. 🙂

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.