Non-simultaneous Sub/Supers on the sub level

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Non-simultaneous Sub/Supers on the sub level

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I think I might have this right, yet....

Please consider the attached image.

I'm leaning toward [braille],z;p;;1;^n;^;1"$c_$:`|},z;p;;2;^n;^;2"$c_$:`|} ,,, ,z;p;;k;^n;^;k"$c_$:`|},

I guess I am not sure how the non-simultaneous-ness of the subscripts subscript and superscript is conveyed to the reader.

As you likely may guess, this construction is used throughout this chapter.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

And now you may see the print that I neglected to attach to the first post. :\:

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

My ASCII typing is sub-optimal; what I meant to say was:
    [braille],z;p;;1;^n;^;1"$c_$:`|},z;p;;2;^n;^;2"$c_$:`|} ''' ,z;p;;k;^n;^;k"$c_$:`|},

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

[braille],z;p;;1;~n;~;1"$bn,z;p;;2;~n;~;2"$bn ''' $bn,z;p;;k;~n;~;k,

You did the supers and subs correctly as far as I can tell. I have incorporated the latest (and better) suggestion for the "bun" symbol. It is only 3 cells and much easier to read. Follow rule XVI sec. 107 which says: for a shape not in the Basic Shapes list, use the shape indicator and one or more letters representing the name of the shape. As you can tell, we all continue to learn when it comes to the Nemeth Code.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.