number lines with numbers on top

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science number lines with numbers on top

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning,
    For the attached number line, I am not sure if I need to have the numeric indicator for the decimal numbers on top of the line. I've included they way I initially thought to transcribe it above the print. Also, should the decimal numbers be directly on the line above the number line like they are in the braille?
    Thank you,
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    betty.marshall
    Participant

Hi Susan
    In the Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics, there is an extensive section (6.5)on number lines. Specifically, 6.5.1.1 says that a number above the number line must use the numeric indicator (regardless of whether the text is transcribed in literary or Nemeth. Page 6-23 of this section also shows an example. Your example [u]looks[/u] as though you have a blank line above and below the axis line. There should be a blank line above the first row of numbers, followed by the axis line, then the numbers below the axis line, and then followed by a blank line.
    Hope this helps!
    Betty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.