numeric passage indicator

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical numeric passage indicator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning!

Please see the attachment. If I were to use the numeric passage indicator for these problems, would I be able to use contractions for words in the solution line (ex. 7 ones+4 ones ...)? I am thinking no, because numeric mode would set grade 1 mode?

And if I couldn't use contractions, and as a result decided not to use the numeric passage indicator, would I be required to use a numeric indicator before the carried number(s)?

Thank you--I feel like you and your fellow committee members are like my life raft as I try to make sense of how these rules apply.

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Exactly. We cannot use contractions within a numeric passage, because numeric mode sets grade 1 mode.

Regarding the carried numbers' need for numeric indicators, again: exactly. If it is not in a numeric passage, we must use a numeric indicator for a carried number so it cannot be misread as a letter or series of letters.

So glad we can help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.