One-word swtich in embedded music?

Home Forums Music Braille One-word swtich in embedded music?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ed Godfrey
    Participant

The BANA guidelines for Nemeth include a proposed "one-word switch" for a single UEB word embedded in a Nemeth passage. Unfortunately, the "one-word switch" is (6, 3), our Music Prefix.

We use the music prefix for a single music symbol or sequence of music symbols embedded in literary text. A simple example is from directions to exercise material: "Assign 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4 to each phrase.", where the time signatures are written vertically (as in music). The first music prefix precedes 2/4, and the "special comma" (dot 6) continues music context though 3/4 and the next comma. Thee word "or" requires the literary prefix (56, 23). Another music prefix for 4/4, and one last literary prefix before the word "to." The example is simple, but requires two music prefixes and two literary prefixes. More complicated examples increase the number of music and literary prefixes.

Does anyone know of a "one-word switch" for use in an embedded music sequence?

-Ed

LarrySmith
    Participant

Hi, Ed. Good to hear from you. Long time no see!

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There was a technical glitch with my password and I couldn't get on to answer you.

There is no "one-word switch" for music code in a literary context. Happily, the music and literary prefixes are now recognized in UEB, and the signs for the accidentals have been incorporated.

More good news: BANA has approved it, and the new update of Music Braille Code will soon be available.

Cheers to you.
    Larry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.