Page Numbering for graphics

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription Page Numbering for graphics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

I don't know if I am asking in the right forum but hopefully you can direct me to the right one. Our agency does not page number our graphics but we do make gaps in the page numbering to allow for graphics. We used to use Megadots which was an easy entry. You just put in the number of gaps and Megadots renumbered pages for you. If you missed one you went back and renumbering for all the rest of the file was automatic and it was WONDERFUL. Now we are using Duxbury. First of all I could not find support for adding graphic gaps to my files. After a few hit and miss I have to enter manually and if the gap lands on an odd page I need to enter a code to start on a new odd page. If it is on an even page then I just go to the next page and add the new page number. If by chance I miss a gap I have to go back and reenter all the new page numbers.

My question do other transcribers do this? Do other transcribers make an effort to count graphic gaps as numbered pages and allot for them when the text starts up again? or do they just insert the gaps and leave all text pages numbered and no allotment for the gap pages.

I have looked through tactile graphic guidelines and can find no rule for this. For allowing for inserting graphics and accounting for them in the text.

I hope I am making sense.

Thank you,

Susan Martinez

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by smart_10357.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.