Pagination

Home Forums Music Braille Pagination

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hollie Knight
    Participant

Hi Kathleen,

I have attached a few pages of a middle school percussion book. The rest of the pages are filled with different exercises (see TOC). This  should follow Braille formats pagination, correct?

Also in pagination is there ever a reason to use music pagination and braille formats pagination in the same volume? For example numbering pages iii-iv with braille formats pagination and numbering pages 1a-1b with music pagination? I have never seen this done, until the current transcription I'm looking at.

Thank you so much

Hollie Knight

Hollie Knight
    Participant

I apologize my first attachment seems to not have uploaded.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Yes, I use formats literary pagination for method books like this. But music pagination can work as well.

It is not unheard of to use literary pagination for preliminary pages, if there is a great deal of prelim material. But I usually use the same style for the whole book. It gets tricky if there is a lot of text interspersed with full musical works (anthologies and similar volumes) but method books are usually good with just one style.

Clear as mud, right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.