Paragraph Headings

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Paragraph Headings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lynnette
    Participant

In UEB Lesson 17.2d it says that the transcriber should follow print for capitalization and punctuation.  It also says that the paragraph headings are used to highlight the important facts in a paragraph.  Then at the end it says not to confuse paragraph headings with purely stylistic letters at the beginning of a chapter or unit.  I have a biography in which some paragraphs beginning after a change in thought have the first few words in full caps/bold. Paragraphs beginning a new chapter are not emphasized.  I think of paragraph headings as standing alone, not connected to the following sentence.  Should the typeforms be retained in this case. Lynnette Taylor

claurent

No, you do not need to keep the full caps in these instances. It is a print affectation and not a true paragraph heading. This issue came up when the committee was working on the 2016 Braille Formats update and we considered keeping it...but in the end it adds nothing to the text.

Cindi

Lynnette
    Participant

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.