Pedalling and measure-number repeats

Home Forums Music Braille Pedalling and measure-number repeats

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Larry,

We have a conflict of opinions which I would appreciate your help with.

Does MBC section 20.11 (p. 166), which says that all pedal signs must be exactly the same, mean that all pedal markings in the original measure(s) are included in a measure number repeat, or are numerical repeats subject to all the various conditions that the full- and part-measure repeat sign is? For example, would you have to braille a pedal sign before the number sign if the first measure of the numerical repeat starts with pedal?

Thanks.
    Dan

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

As I read it, it says that you cannot use any of the given repeat devices if the pedallings are different in the repeat than in the original. I would extend that to mean that you may use the device if there is no new pedalling indication. I think 20.11 is meant to differentiate these devices from the full and part measure repeats, so I think you would not restate a pedal marking before the number sign or after the number.

Larry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.