Placement of Acknowledgements

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Placement of Acknowledgements

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Ask an Expert
    Braille Formats

Placement of acknowledgments

In the attached document, where would the acknowledgments be placed in the braille edition? BF 2011 2.12, Body Matter, says, “The first item listed in the table of contents is generally considered the first page of the main body of the book.” Yet its print page number places it before the TOC. 2.7.1.c, Front Matter Basics, says, “Follow print page order in all volumes.”

joannavenneri
    Participant

I have deleted my previous post to this question because I blew it! I didn't see the second page to your attachment. Please disregard what I said there if you had read already, and I'll be be soon with a better answer.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thanks for your patience. I have consulted about this one and we have a recommendation.

It is noted that this is an unusual situation. Formats 2.12.1 says "The first item listed in the table of contents is generally considered the first page of the main body of the book." GENERALLY. The recommendation is that the acknowlegements should follow print order and come before the contents as in print. However, use p-page numbers for the acknowledgements and the contents and start regular Arabic braille page numbers with the next text item in the contents. In other words, GENERALLY the first item in contents is given the first regular braile page number, but not in this case because of the unusual print order.

--Joanna

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.