Placement of new chapters

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Placement of new chapters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dottiewny
    Participant

I am confused  about new chapters in a Nemeth/EBAE textbook. I couldn't find advice in either the new or old formats.  In the print textbook, each chapter starts on a new page.  In literary books, if a chapter ends in the middle of a page, we skip a line and start the next chapter on the same page.

Please describe how to format chapters on each of the following:

Literary EBAE

Literary UEB

Textbook EBAE

Textbook UEB

UEB/Nemeth textbooks

EBAE/Nemeth textbooks (this is the one we are most concerned about right now)

Thanks, Dottie

claurent

There are no rules about this...it is an agency/transcriber decision.  Many agencies I have worked with start new chapters on a new braille page...but not all of them.  And I've never heard any agency make different decisions based on what type of book it is - the agency decision is the same no matter the material being transcribed.

You mention that in literary books you skip a line and start the new chapter - is that a book where you are not indicating print page numbers with a page change indicator?  There ARE rules about blank lines and the page change indicator - see Appendix C in Braille Formats.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.