Play/Song, Transcription

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Play/Song, Transcription

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Hi Cindi,

I am attaching information from one of our UEB instructors.

Please advise. Thank you...

claurent

The following page has drawn much discussion and we at MBTF would like to know what correct way would you transcribe this page. There is not enough information in the format rules to really be accurate. Or we could be over thinking, either way, your assistance would be helpful because it becomes a teaching tool for others to follow as oppose to doing this any kind of way. Would you treat the [Strophe 1] and [Antistrophe 1] as stage directions, or would you place them in verse form and treat the entire text as 1/5, 3/5 with blank lines between them?  Or would you treat them as headings considering that they apply to the text? Your insight would be helpful, or if you have proper examples, could you please send them. Thank you.

I restated your question and attached a picture so others can see what the question refers to 🙂

I googled Strophe and Antistrophe.  They relate to an Ancient Greek chorus (which makes sense since this is an Ode). My suggestion is to do the Ode as a centered heading, Chorus as a cell 5 heading and Strophe and Antistrophe as cell 7 headings. This would accurately reflect the print.

Cindi

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.