plotting line labels

Home Forums Tactile Graphics plotting line labels

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning,
    Can you look at the attached doc and see where the line labels for lines l, m, q, and p, should be placed? I wasn't sure if I should try to duplicate print placement, or if it would be clearer to put the labels at the ends of the line? Thank you for any suggestions.
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dspence

I would place them at the end of the lines...at the top or left side of the line because braille readers tend to either start from the top and go down or from the left and read right. If you place them where they are in print, they could get lost for the braille reader and interfer with readibility. There is already quite a bit of tactual noise with the grid lines, the axis lines and the numbers. With the labels placed outside the grid, it is "cleaner" and easier to follow the lines. If possible, I would also recommend making each line a different texture so it would be easier to track (one from another) and identify each line with it's lettered label.
    Diane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.