Poetry with numbered paragraphs?

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Poetry with numbered paragraphs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Joanna, I am transcribing a test preparation booklet and have run across something I have not seen before. Each speakers name in the play is numbered. I do not know how I should transcribe this. It doesn't really seem to be line numbered text? Would I go ahead and put the number at the right margin of the braille line on which the print line begins? I am puzzled. The question and answer section following the play refers to the numbers as "paragraphs?" (see questions 1, 6, 7).

joannavenneri
    Participant

Hi Melissa,

I don't see any poetry here. Did you mean PLAY with numbered paragraphs? In this case, each diaglog is being treated as a paragraph for purposes of this test. Since the paragraph format for dialog is 1-3, number each speaker's dialog as in print and treat each one of these 1-3 diaglogs as a numbered paragraph.

A format is chosen according to what it IS, (numbered paragraphs), not by what it might LOOK LIKE (line-numbered text of some sort.)

Hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't!

--Joanna

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me. (oh, yes, I did mean "play".)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.