Preliminary page numbering

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Preliminary page numbering

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bama Braille
    Participant

I am mentoring a new transcriber and she has some questions about preliminary pages section of Forats 2011 that I don't feel confident answering.
    In the Braille sample for T pages (2.21), the title Transcriber's Note is not in all caps. Since the Print title is all caps, I assume the Braille title should be also, correct?
    Another question about page numbering on preliminary pages. In the same example (2.21) the Title page, Special Symbols page, and Transcriber's Notes page are all numbered consecutively t1, t2, and t3. Under the old Formats, there is to be no text on the back of preliminary pages. I couldn't find a similar statement in the new manual. Can you clarify this for us, thank you.

joannavenneri
    Participant

The double caps for the Transcriber's Note heading is an error. Since the time Formats was released online, errata have been collected so that the hard copy publications will be as error-free as possible. On the front matter pages, please see Appendix E section E.2. That issue is an agency decision as explained in this appendix.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.