Preliminary Page questions

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Preliminary Page questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi again,
    Thank you for being so helpful. I am so glad I stumbled on this forum...it has been so very helpful! I am working on my trial manuscript and have 2 questions.

1. The first page of my book is titled "About the Author". Do I have to braille this as a preliminary page for my manuscript? I thought I did not have to braille it, as it seemed like a "biographical sketch of the author" as stated in 19.2g, which is to be eliminated from the manuscript according to 20.4 directions. Not sure. If I do have to braille it, as this is 2 paragraphs, would this be the first page of my text and then have to be mentioned on the transcriber's page as to the rearrangement of it?

2. In my book, the only book reviews from other sources are on the back cover. Do I have to make a preliminary page for these, even though they are on the back cover & not in the front? If so, do I mention that on a transcriber's note page?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much.
    Carol

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Carol,

Thank you for attaching the pages! ๐Ÿ™‚ The page About the Author is not necessary for your trial manuscript unless you choose to include it. Does it appear in the table of contents? If so, then you would need to include it. Otherwise, you would not need to include it in the manuscript, and there would be no need to send that page in the photocopied pages you would include with your manuscript.

The cover/jacket material is not included in the trial manuscript. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jana

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hi, I am preparing to start my final manuscript. On the very first page of the book there are several paragraphs by different magazines, newspapers etc. I am assuming that these are reviews, should these be brailled?

Thanks, Becky

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Becky,

The magazine reviews or comments are not to be included in a certification manuscript. ๐Ÿ™‚
    While there are always all kinds of things found in the beginning of a book, for certification purposes, this infomation is not needed and is not included. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jana

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.