Primary Bullet versus Filled-in Circle

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Primary Bullet versus Filled-in Circle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    APSEA
    Spectator

In the attached example, would you retain the filled-in circle shown in print? I'm wondering if it would be retained in braille for both of the following scenarios: (1) if the heading is divided after "Science Titles"; (2) if  "Science Titles" and "Fluent Plus Level" are together on one line.

If it should be retained in braille, would you use the primary bullet symbol or a filled-in circle? To me, a bullet is defined by its function, so since it's not used to indicate a list item here it seems to me that a filled-in circle should be used.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Julie Sumwalt
    Participant

Hi,

The decision to keep the bullet or not is up to you, but a bullet it is. If you decide not to keep it, place the two headings on different lines. If you decide to place the headings on the same braille line, keep the bullet and follow print for spacing. If there is a table of contents with these headings, that can give you a clue as to how to handle it in the text.

Braille on,

Julie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.