Publisher not identified

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Publisher not identified

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Goldhardt
    Spectator

When the print does not give clear indication of the publisher, how do we handle the publisher/copyright segment on the title page? In this particular case, the copyright holder has "publishing company" in the name. Do we put this as the publisher and copyright holder? Or do we follow print and only list the copyright holder?

I'm attaching a picture of all the text on the versa/copyright page if you wish to check it. The publisher's initials are included as part of the title (HMH into ...), but not otherwise shown on the covers or the title page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

The publisher is often listed on the front or back cover the book or on a separate page from the copyright page (maybe with the title of the book and the author info on it).  In this case, it is pretty obvious to me that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is the publisher - one of the covers may have the city.  If the covers don't have any information, you could use the Orlando, Florida address as the city/state.

Cindi

Taylor Goldhardt
    Spectator

For reference, here's what the publisher submitted to NIMAC. (both covers, versa page, title page, author page.) Not sure why I didn't think to upload this the first time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

I would say that the name "Houghton Mifflin Harcourt" on the back left bottom of the cover is the publisher name (which also agrees with the HMH in the title). I do not see a city/state to apply to that, so I would use the Orlando, Florida address in the copyright info.  You could also say there is no city/state associated with the publisher name and leave that area blank.

Cindi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.