Punnett Squares

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Punnett Squares

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen

Hi all,
    I'm working on a biology textbook and am confronted with many Punnett squares - genetic possibility grids. Does anyone have a good way to braille these? I'm finding it messy to braille it as a table with 2 separate column and row heading levels. Any different ideas would be most helpful!
    Thanks!
    Kathleen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

I'll get back to you shortly. Dorothy

dworthing
    Participant

A table is an okay way to handle a Punnett square. I usually spur the lines and present the material in a box as in print. But it is also acceptable to create the square with braille dot lines, which according to my source is more representative of what is in print than a table is. (A table would require a tn explaining that the material in the square is being shown in a table.) I have attached an example of a suggested way to do this (if you are trying to avoid having to spur lines). The table version is just thrown in for comparison. Dorothy

Kathleen

Thanks, Dorothy! Both options are beautiful - but what if there are headings for the columns and rows? Here's an example of what I'm looking at.
    Sorry - having trouble with uploading the file - the columns have the heading "eggs" and the rows have the heading "sperm." Would it be best to explain the headings in a TN and not try to fit them into the square format?
    Kathleen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.