Question on Coordinate System

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Question on Coordinate System

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

There are three graphs on this page. You might need to hit the enlarge key a few times to make them readable. Can you look and see if on the lower left hand corner of any of these graphs, it is listing a "0" (zero) or an "O" for origin? I am not sure I can tell the difference, but hoping a trained eye can. Thank you.
    Susan

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I believe that these are an "O" for origin. If you look specifically at question 33, there is definitely a difference in the shape of the O (at the origin) and the 0 (zero) in the number 320 above it on the y-axis. The zero is always more oval in shape, while the origin is round.
    Betty

betty.marshall
    Participant

Thank you, Betty. I have two more questions related to these graphs that I am hoping you can help with. Would you use a number sign with the numbers on the x- and y-coordinates, and can you give me a quick guideline to help me know why or why not. Thank you so much.
    Susan

betty.marshall
    Participant

This information is covered in the Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics which is available for download from the BANA website. Near the beginning of Unit 6 Mathematical and Scientific Diagrams there is a chart which indicates when to use the numeric indicator. You omit them for Cartesian Graphs, but include them for Line Graphs. If you consider this to be a Cartesian graph, then you would omit the numeric indicator.
    Betty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.