Question/answer format

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Question/answer format

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tung
    Participant

Good morning Kyle,

Please seee the attachment (1 page). I have a couple questions:

1. The format for question number and the answer: Should it be 1-5 followed by 3-5 as with multiple choices problem or 1-3 followed by 5-7 as with displayed material?

2. In less than 1/4 turn: only the fraction 1/4 should be within the Nemeth switch Not the word "turn". Is that correct?

Thank you very much for your help.

kdejute

I'm afraid that your attachment did not come through, because it is too large for the Ask an Expert forum.

Nonetheless, I may be able to answer your questions:

1. In a transcription that uses the Nemeth Code, main items should be in 1-5, and subitems should be in 3-5 (even when the main item is only a number or letter and includes no words).
    2. Yes, in the phrase "less than 1/4 turn" only "1/4" should be enclosed in Nemeth switch indicators.

Thank you for the questions and for trying to include an attachment. If the above does not fully address your concerns, please do follow up here.

Cheers!

–Kyle

Tung
    Participant

Thank you, Kyle,

I will try again to see is it goes thru (only a few lines-1 page)

My questions: the format for the answers of questions 1 and 2. Should they be 3-5 or 5-7?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

I would format the answers for questions 1 and 2 in 3-5, treating them as subentries to the questions, which would be in 1-5.

Tung
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.