Rhythm exercises

Home Forums Music Braille Rhythm exercises

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna

I have a "rhythm" section in a clarinet book.  My understanding of the rules is that a measure 4 C is assumed, with a TN explaining it.  I was treating the numbers like exercise material and putting them at the margin, followed by a blank line and then the music heading and music line.  Is there a more efficient way to present this section?

Also, the way that the eighth notes are grouped in 5/8 and 7/8 vary (e.g. in 133 and 134).  Does this qualify as irregular note grouping that I should indicate in braille?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Hi Anna,

I think your presentation is very clear. I know it takes up a lot of space, but this is how I generally do things, as well.

I use the braille music comma to show the grouping of eighth notes in 5/8 and 7/8 meters, unless they remain constant throughout and is specified by the meter - sometimes they'll show 3+2/8.

But if it changes, I find it's helpful to use the comma to show the division.

Kathleen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.