Section 2 Questions

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Section 2 Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello,
    I have two questions for which I am needing some clarification.

1. This question deals with the title page info, transcriber section. I understand that if this page is crowded, we can save room by moving the transcriber's name up to the Transcribed 2014 by line. But, if room is not an issue, what is the preferred place to put the transcriber's name exactly? If it is to be placed on the line after "Transcribed 2014 by", does the name start in cell 1, or is it indented to cell 3? Or is that just a transcriber decision?

2. This is a little hypothetical after studying the manual a bit, so I don't have an attachment to show. This question deals with the Special Symbols page. Let us say we have a volume that is full of attributes (bold, underlined, colored, etc.) AND we have a termination sign used in a different context (say the word DVDs appears in the volume). If we group our categories under a cell 5 heading for the font attributes on the Special Symbols page, should we put the termination sign in that category for the font attributes? Or would it have to go into miscellaneous symbols or symbols that have no heading because of the word DVDs needing a termination symbol?

Thank you for your help!
    Susan

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thanks for the interesting questions.

1. See Sample 2-9 in Formats for placement of the transcriber's name on line after "transcribed by"

2. The termination sign is not itself a font attribute, so it is never grouped with font attributes. As you noted, it has many uses, only one of which is with font attributes, so it is always grouped with the miscellaneous signs or by itself if all the other signs in use can be categorized. I don't think it fits into a category.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.