Source citations

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Source citations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I submitted this question a few days ago, but since I don't see it posted I'll try again. Source citations are brailled in cell
    7 with runners in cell 5. Is this placement used or adjusted when the source citation follows displayed material with a cell 3 left margin? Looking forward to your insight and wisdom.

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words. The only wisdom I have at the moment is to note that I see this same question posted a minute before this one. I'm responding to this one and I will delete the earlier one. I had seen no previous messages about this.

Source citations and attributes are both covered IN Displayed Materials and there is no mention of anything other than a 7-5 margin for source citations. But note that what comes after displayed material is usually an ATTRIBUTION and those are blocked in the fifth cell to the right of the preceding line. It is source citations that are in 7-5. Determine whether you have an attribution or a source citation. See 9.4 and 9.5.

--Joanna

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks Joanna. I'm assuming when the text says -- Quoted in John Edward Hasse, ed. Jazz: The First Century. New York: William Morrow, 2000, p. 8. -- it's a source citation.

If you have a chance, can you respond to my question about including captions that repeat information. As soon as I know, I can submit the book.

Many thanks, B.Fink

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Whoa! WHAT was quoted in John Edward, etc. Please send the page. I need to see the material. I can't tell by that description whether it's a source citation or an attribute. Notice that an attribute is DEFINED as a type of source citation. I need to see the whole thing.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

The section on Brass Bands is in a yellow box.

joannavenneri
    Participant

I agree that this is a source citation and the guidelines say these are in 7-5 at the most appropriate location. And there you are. I think that's what is done here. The guidelines don't mention any other scenario. Thanks for sending the print.

--Joanna

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.