Spatial arrangement followed by bottom box line

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Spatial arrangement followed by bottom box line

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Connie Stone
    Participant

I am doing an EBAE Nemeth math book and I have a spatial arrangement (subtraction) that is immediately followed by a bottom box line. I thought there was an amendment to the rule that there should be a blank line between a spatial arrangement and box line but I am unable to locate it. Should there be the blank line and if so can you give me the information of that change?

Lindy Walton

Hi Connie. The rule you may be thinking of is about blank lines and the page change indicator. That rule is stated in Section 185.a of the Nemeth Code (Rule XXV--Format). The Nemeth Code does not mention box lines. Looking in Section 7 of Braille Formats 2011 (the edition for EBAE transcriptions), 7.2.1.d. says that a blank line cannot precede a bottom box line. I believe that a Nemeth format rule would override this, though. It is important to follow a spatially-arranged problem with a blank line. To avoid the odd look of a box line being surrounded by blank lines, is it possible not to box the material? If you choose to retain the box lines, then I vote for following the Nemeth rule and putting a blank line between the problem and the bottom box line.

Lindy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.