Spelling page

Home Forums Unified English Braille Literary Spelling page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Abby
    Spectator

Thank you for answering the question about -er. I will follow 2011 Rules until they issue new ones.

I am attaching a spelling page and I have several questions.

1. Underscores are used for blank letters to be filled in.  Should new symbols in UEB  be put on a Special Symbols page or addressed in a TN.
    2. Words with plus and minus signs? 11.2.2 talks about following print spacing. Should I follow this rule?
    3.  Should the boxes be handled with a TN? I normally would right a TN explaining which letters go above the line such as b, f and d. And letters below line such as g and y. Then explain boxes on line.
    4. So in the end if we can't find an answer in UEB would we just follow 2011 Format Rules.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    claurent

1.  The underscore will not be required on the Special Symbols page...but that does not mean that you couldn't put it on there.  We are recommending that new symbols (symbols that changed because of UEB) be included on the Special Symbols page just for clarification.

2.  Yes follow print for spacing with the plus/minus signs.

3.  A transcriber's note sounds like a good way to go for this.

4.  Yes, follow UEB...and use the 2011 Formats rules as much as you can (without using any of the symbols that might conflict with UEB).

If you have any further questions, let me know 🙂

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.