Split TOC

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Split TOC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anna

I have a workbook with two sections.  The brief TOC lists the starting pages for the two sections, and then each section starts with a full TOC.  I'm going to have a volume that is part of each section.  So in my p-pages I'll have a section of the TOC on page ix, but that only covers half the volume.  Formats 2.10.14 suggests that I cannot move the TOC for the second half of the book, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of situation that's intended for.

Can I have a TOC that is page ix, and page 217?  If not, do I have to include the full TOC on pages 217-218, although some will apply to other volumes?

Dorothy Worthington
    Participant

Cindi has asked me to reply to your question regarding the table of contents in your workbook.  If I understand your situation correctly, the brief TOC would be listed in volume 1 on whatever the print page number is. In the first volume you would also have the toc pages listed that are included in that volume.  In the volume that includes part of the first section and part of the second section, the toc that relates to the first section is located as it is in print on page ix, followed by the rest of the first section.  Then, at the location shown in print, on page 217, list the toc for the pages shown in the included part of section 2.  The full table of contents at that point does not have to be included -- that requirement was filled by the brief table of contents in the first volume.

I hope I haven't made this sound too confusing.  Please let me know if you have questions.

Anna

Thanks Dorothy.  That makes sense.  In the combined volume, page 218 of the later TOC won't be included (because it applies to later volumes) - do I need a TN or is doing a combined page number on the next body page enough?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.