spur wheel question

Home Forums Tactile Graphics spur wheel question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning,
    Are there any techniques or products you could recommend to help me when spurring lines for lead lines and other "straight" lines to make them turn out straight? I use a ruler as a guide, but not completely satisfied with the results. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Susan

betty.marshall
    Participant

I suggest using a good quality spur wheel such as those from Howe Press of Perkins School for the Blind. I use a metal ruler with cork backing, so that the edge is [u]slightly[/u] raised from the paper, preventing the spur wheel from "catchinng" on the ruler. I also use a neoprene matt to work on.
    I do know that some people manage better when they "push" the spur wheel away from the bottom of the page, but I have found that I need to "pull" it down towards the bottom of the page. When moving in a circular motion, I rotate the mat and paper periodically while keeping the spur wheel in place, rather than lifting the spur wheel and starting again.
    Remember, practise makes perfect!

Betty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.