State codes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

I thought I had submitted this question but I can't find it now. Our agency is transcribing two current common core math books. It has been requested that we do them in EBAE and Nemeth. Should the common core state standards such as 7.EE.A.2 and MP.2 be done in Nemeth or EBAE?

Thank you,

Susan

Lindy Walton

When transcribing in "EBAE and Nemeth" there is no switching between codes -- the entire transcription follows Nemeth Code rules, even for numbers and letters within the document that are not mathematical constructs. 7.EE.A.2 and MP.2 will need to follow the rules of the Nemeth Code in an EBAE transcription. I will post the simbraille for these two soon -- I need to run this by the committee. Thank you for your question.

Lindy Walton

Following the rules of the Nemeth Code, here is how to transcribe 7.EE.A.2 and MP.2 in an EBAE transcription. The multipurpose indicator (dot 5) comes into play.

7.EE.A.2

#7.",E,E.",A".2

MP.2

,M,P".2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.