statistics–abbreviations or computer or Nemeth??

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science statistics–abbreviations or computer or Nemeth??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

In a statistics textbook on Multiple Regression, there are places where there are obvious computer programs and obvious Nemeth formulae.

Then there are all the terms which are acronyms and which occur in embedded in text and also in displayed equations.
    Here are a few: (I'm using <sub> for subscript)

ANOReg (analysis of regression)
    ANOVA (analysis of variance)
    Cov<sub>XZ (covariance between X and Z)
    CV<sub>W (conditional value of W)
    MR (multiple regression)
    WABOVE (W-CV<sub>W), where CV<sub>W = 1 standard deviation of W
    WBELOW (as above except -1 in place of 1)

These terms occur in computer programs and also embedded and displayed expressions. Can I treat them as abbreviations (i.e., double caps in the case of ANOVA, and double caps with termination sign for ANOReg, and double caps with grade one translation for WABOVE and WBELOW)?
    Thanks, Martha

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Since these are defined as acronyms, they would be treated as the abbreviations that they are, according to Nemeth Code Rule VIII

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Just so I have this completely right, if I have expressions that use these acronyms as subscripts, I should treat them the same way, e.g,

Z<sub>CV would be [simbraille],z;,,cv[/simbraille]

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

that is correct

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.