stem-and-leaf plot

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science stem-and-leaf plot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Hello,
    Please look at #8, where I have arrowed, to the sentence, "Use the tens place as the stem, so 93 would be 9 | 3 and 117 would be 11 | 7." I am stumped on how to present this. In the 2007 Update, Section 196 (b) it says:

The portion of the key that replicates an entry in the plot is brailled without the numeric indicator or English letter indicator and including vertical lines as it would appear within the plot. The value assigned to the key is brailled using the numeric indicator or English letter indicator as required by the Nemeth Code.

But in this situation, there is no actual stem-and-leaf plot for me to transcribe. So, there really is no key, either. For the 9 and 3 in the part, 9 | 3, would I still use the numeric indicator? For the | (bar between 9 and 3), would I still use the 456?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Interesting problem!
    It makes sense to me to transcribe what the student will be brailling in the plot--that is, no numeric indicators and yes use 456 to represent the bar. In context, the lack of numeric indicators should not be confusing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.